1.30.2011

My MOMMY and DADDY

Today in RS we talked about Elder Uchtdorf's talk "Of Things That Matter Most" To read the talk... click this link http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/of-things-that-matter-most?lang=eng it's such a great talk about slowing down in life and really paying attention to the most important things! I think I was most influenced by this last conference. In RS everyone discussed how this pertained to martha and mary in the bible and how martha was busy preparing a meal for christ, but mary was at his feet waiting for instruction. How we are all probably like martha, but could use a little more mary. (from luke 10) anyhow... the older ladies really touched me with their comments. They said how much they regret trying to be the perfect housewife-being in the 50's-70's they had a pretty tough job... instead of playing with their children and spending more quality time with them. I just want to say I am so glad to have the mother that I do. We didn't always have the most clean house, but we always had fun. Throughout the entire lesson this poem was stuck in my head that my mom had hanging in our hallway for as long as i could remember....
Excuse This House
Some houses try to hide the fact
that children shelter there
ours boasts of it quite openly,
the signs are everywhere.
For smears are on the windows,
little smudges on the doors,
I should apologize I guess
for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children
& we played & laughed & read
and if the doorbell doesn't shine
their eyes will shine instead.
For when @ times I'm forced to choose
the one job or the other
I want to be a housewife,
But first I'll be a mother.
my mom was a perfect example of being a mom first while we were growing up. So thanks mommy! We also went over the four relationships- one of them being with family... I've posted this before, but I can't live without my family. Ever since we moved I have realized just how much a part of my everyday life they were. I hate that as soon as nessa and i became friends I moved and she got prego. So many changes happened without me there. and soon enough Sean will leave on his mission and I won't even recognize Jenna. :( mini pitty party...
Now my daddy also deserves some recognition! All the sacrament talks were on obedience today and one of the girls spoke about why she has always been obedient and I felt like she was describing my life! She said something like how she was either obedient because she was really shy or because of the way her father was. He was very gentle and loving and kind. and when she made a mistake he wouldn't get angry or scream. He just had the most disappointed appearance. I think that is why I have always been so obedient. I am a daddy's girl and to break my dad's heart would break my own. My dad has always been there for me and has always known what's best. Thanks for making it easy to be obedient dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment