10.21.2010

So I just read this amazing love story @ writingrainbows.blogspot.com I found this girls blog one day and I just love reading it!!! So go read her love story its sooooooooooo cute! Anyways after reading hers I decided I wanted to write MY Love story.... here we go..
The summer of my life was coming to a close, my friends had all moved away to college, and Trista and I were left alone. Trista, Vanny, Jessica, Ash, and I had spent like every night together that summer and I learned a lot and played hard! I don't think I would've been ready for what was soon coming if I hadn't have had the experiences I had over those short months of June, July, and August. I would say I had become this independent, confident, happy-go-lucky, 'I do what I want' type of girl and for the first time I was single... For the first time I knew exactly WHO I WAS. I loved life, I knew the gospel was true! and... I lived by the following quote...
"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change. Take chances. Tell the truth. Date someone totally wrong for you. Say no. Spend all of your cash. Fall in love. Get to know someone random. Be random. Say I love you. Sing out Loud. Laugh at a stupid joke. Cry. Tell someone how much they mean to you. Let someone know what they are missing. Laugh until your stomach hurts. Live Life. Kiss slowly, Play Hard, Forgive quickly, Take chances, Give everything, and most of all have no regrets! Life's too short to be anything but HAPPY!"
In high school everyone always said that I would be the first of my friends to get married... and what do you know... I was... Probably because I was always with a guy whether it was a good decision or not... I was really boy crazy... But the relationships and "dating" that I did have set up my life so perfectly. So let me take you back to 2007. To the beginning of my Love Story...
The night officially began @ a back to school dance @ UVSC... I love dancing and I don't care how stupid I look when I do so... just ask my friends... So I was surprised when guys wanted to dance with me especially on this occasion. However, One amazing looking guy happened to step into the maddness and ask me to dance. I am ashamed to say that I did walk away from him after a few seconds. :( He told me before I ran away, that if I saw him again we should hook up! haha I was into being a big flirt with the boys and playing them so I said yeah... ok......... and ran off.
As the dance went on I didn't run back into this amazing guy.. UNTIL Trista and I were leaving. I know that I looked horrible and he was all sweaty, but we exchanged numbers and names..oops i forgot his name! :) and about an hour later he texted me! My heart started pounding and I got SO nervous!!! I left my friends to join this mysterious man hoping that I wouldn't get kidnapped! I finally ended up at his friends apartment and we put on the movie Talledega Nights. I felt so COMFORTABLE with him. More comfortable than I had ever felt before in my life. We started talking and never stopped. I could talk to him forever and not get bored or tired of it. I felt like we had known each other forever. He asked me if I thought I would kiss him before I got there. I answered honestly.. YES.. (Like I said I was EXTREMLY confident).. and then... He kissed me. It was so simple. . The best part is that I broke a bet he had going with his friend's mom-to not kiss any girls. Apparently I was worth it to him.
Our first official date: was with a married couple. on a sunday.
going to see the Joseph Smith Movie.
I know what you're thinking. We were on the right path to a fast Mormon engagement.
That day I realized that I was beginning to fall deep into like with him. My dreams were truly coming true.
It all started when he opened the car door for me & held my hand in the car.
During the next couple weeks I learned a lot about my Bradley...
His favorite movie is Top Gun, He is hilarious, He's a gentleman, loves shopping with me, Sports are his passion... especially BYU at the time, he has an amazing family, He gets along with practically everyone. We officially became a couple at the Utah State Fair on September 6, 2007 when I sorta forced it on him...

After that things just took off!

My parents adored him along with the rest of my family. Which was a big deal! We spent everyday together and fell more in love everyday. Bradley first said the 'L' word to me in October of 2007 just a few weeks after we had become official.. a few weeks later we began slowly talking about marriage, and then one day in February or March he mentioned that maybe we should start looking at rings! It was one of the best days of my life! Would I really be marrying the man of my dreams and my best friend????
On April 5, 2008 Bradley set up a wonderful night. We went out to dinner with lots of friends and then went to my parents house to watch a "movie". I would soon find out that this movie was a fraud and a few minutes in a homemade video by Brad popped onto the screen. I will always have this with me!!! After the intro with the movie Bradley got down on one knee and pulled out my ring and a dozen roses!!
We began making wedding plans and set the date of July 31st 2008. We were married for time and all eternity and have lived happily ever after ever since! I know that bradley would do anything for me and I the same for him! I'm so glad that I met him! My life would be sooooo different if I hadn't and I love my life!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica ChristiansenSunday, October 24, 2010

    aw! this is so cute! i LOVE it. You guys are so cute together :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic!!! I love it! You two are great for each other. Love You!

    ReplyDelete