9.08.2014

Del Rio, TX

There's not really much to Del Rio.  It's a 10 hour drive from Tucson and literally on the border of Texas and Mexico... But it it where Ryan and Tiff have called home while Ryan was finishing Pilot training in the Air Force. They invited us to come find out where they would be stationed this fall... And since there was a potential of it being in Germany off we went!  All the pilots dressed up as hillbillies it was pretty funny.  The base is like its own world, that is so interesting and foreign to me, but I feel like it would be fun to live there! 

So they have what is called "drop night" to find out where they will be stationed.  Each pilot turns in their top 5 (I think) choices of where they would like to go.  Until they are called up and joked about they have no idea where they will be going.  That is so crazy to me that they have to find out in front of everyone! 

So after much suspense... Ryan and Tiff will be heading to Germany this fall!  Brad and I are already making plans to go see them - I can't decide if we should go during Christmas or during the summer... So we shall see.  We are so excited for them to begin this new adventure!!! 



Besides Ryan and Tiff living there, the next best thing about Del Rio is a store called "Dirt Cheap". Seriously it was like I had died and gone to target clearance heaven!!! These are my great finds that I got for a total of $30.00.  I could have stayed in that store all day long.... 
iPad cover: $1.00
Napkin Holder: $2.00  (I already had the matching paper towel holder so this was perfect!!!)
Lamp: $10.00
Wood wall hanging: $7.00 (I'm putting together a collage wall and thought this would go well!) 
Gold studded flats: $5.00 
Picture frame:$4.00
Serving platter: $1.00 (I almost bought this same platter at target the week before for $14.00.. Steal of a deal!)

We ended the trip with a pool party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment