3.06.2013

Life... as it was and as it is...

It's one of those nights where I'm supposed to be writing a 1600 word research paper on the constitution, but I've got way too much on my mind and must unload before I can load more into it!!!  Thank heavens my online 8 week political science crash course is done this Saturday at midnight.  I don't think I've ever had a more demanding class... intellectually and time-wise.  Holy Moly... this paper is going to be the death of me... Anyways here goes with the unloading...It seems like its been forever since I've blogged... partially because I could not remember what new email I created for it ha.. not good.  But at last I have found it and here I am.

Earlier this week I had the most random thing happen to me.  One of my old neighbors that I haven't heard from since I was in 9th grade.. so literally 10 years... contacted me on Facebook.  It's so strange what things start popping into your head when you think about what your life was like 10 years ago.  I started thinking about the late nights the kids in our neighborhood would spend at the park behind my house.  I started thinking about what SUMMER used to feel like.  What an amazing, magical time it was.  A complete break from everything.  You could be whoever you wanted to be, spend time with whoever and whenever.  Again.. . how magical were summer nights in middle school and high school???

I remember always cuddling up in a sweatshirt, but wearing short shorts and flip flops.  I remember talking so deeply and loving so freely.  I remember the best of times with my best friends, the Pink Pythongs and the B-52's.  I remember drive in movies, I remember back tickles, I remember jeep rides and fighting over driving Ian's Jetta, I remember movies on the side of houses, I remember dance offs to Black Eyed Peas, I remember high school dances, I remember the fourth of July, I remember the 24th of July, I remember meeting the most random people and forming friendships/relationships, I remember being boy crazy and fearless, I remember sneaking out, I remember Studio 600, I remember kill-bang-marry, I remember hot tubs and pools, I remember not having a care in the world.

Looking back, I don't think I would trade much.  I look back at the fun that I had and think about the person I am today because of the people I have met along the way.  I look back and think what decisions I could have made that would have prevented me from meeting and marrying my amazing husband.  I look back and think about how different my life would be and how I wouldn't want my life any other way than what it is right now.  As busy as I am.  As busy as Brad is.  As far away from home we are. From Friends. From Family. From our pasts and our future.  We are soooo happy and more importantly in love.  I know the decisions we made in our pasts may not have been perfect, but some of them couldn't have been more perfect in leading us to each other.  It's crazy how many different paths your decisions could take you down.  It's also crazy looking back that the decisions you made that put you on the right path to the greatest joy you could ever imagine.

Here's to good memories of love, friendship and magical summers! Here's to my old friends - Trista, Vannessa, Jessica, Ashlee, Jill, Celeste, and the B-52's... Just a little blast from the past. Miss you guys..









No comments:

Post a Comment